Wellbeing for International Students

Being a student from outside the UK can be exciting but daunting at times. We are here to help you settle into your new life and make the most of it by putting on events, talks and activities throughout the year. We also encourage you to regularly talk through any worries you may have with our dedicated adviser.

How we can help

From a welcome reception in Freshers' Week to an orientation tour of Leeds and visits to Yorkshire attractions, the conservatoire arranges activities and events to help you meet fellow international students, local community groups and how to get to know your way around Leeds and feel at home. 

Our student services team can provide advice and information on areas such as accommodation, finance, careers, local knowledge and cultural matters. We are also here to support you through any other difficulties or queries you may have and to ensure you are getting the most out of your experience here at Leeds Conservatoire. 

Our dedicated International Wellbeing Adviser organises a variety of social and cultural events especially for the benefit of our international students.


No, enrolment and teaching for our Higher Education courses begins in September. 

If there are any personal circumstances that may delay your arrival, please contact Course Enquiries on the number/email listed opposite. 

All our tutors are active musicians and experts in their fields, and we also welcome many high profile visiting professors and artists who work closely with students and give talks, concerts, masterclasses and workshops. 

No, we can only accept applications for the current year of entry. 

For more information see International Tuition Fees.

You will need to ensure that you can support yourself entirely for the duration of your time in the UK, as international students have no recourse to public funds. Successful applicants will receive comprehensive information about costs before their arrival in the UK.   

Students who will be studying here under a Tier 4 visa will be required to pay an ‘immigration health surcharge’.

You can read more information about the immigration health surcharge:
Information from the UK Council for International Student Affairs
Information from the NHS

Most EEA and Swiss students are able to obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) before they come to the UK.

You can read more information about the EHIC:
Information from the UK Council for International Student Affairs
Information from the NHS

Students may wish to consider taking out private medical insurance.

UoH-Logo.png (2) Conservatoires_Logo.png Partner_1.png AEC_Logo.png Roland_Logo.png prs-keychange-logo_red-blue_pantone-c (fine to use).png Luminate_Education_Group_Logo (small).png